Blocked Outbound Email
If you find that you cannot send email because your service has been blocked, it is typically because you have violated the user agreement, numerous Internet users have reported your email address as generating spam, or your email address has been compromised.
The list below applies only if your email address has been compromised.
If this is the case, you will need to do several things before we can unblock.
1) Install or update a virus protection program.
2) Install of update a malware protection program.
3) Run multiple scans of your PC or Mac with these programs.
4) Log into your web mail account and change your password.
5) Contact Castles Support to have the block removed.
If you did send spam emails then you must talk with the office before your outbound service can be unblocked. Please red and understand our user agreement relative to the number of messages you can send in an given period of time. Often the content of your messages may be tagged as spam by our system. See the Important Notice on our Email Page.
Subject False Positive Reporting and Blocked Outbound Email
False Positive (FP) – message that is not spam, but
incorrectly being blocked as spam.
False positive sending of messages will receive the error: 550 Permanent
Failure: Message delivery failed. If you believe this message is an error,
please review the User Service Agreement and contact Support. This error is
both visible by an email program and by web mail.
When users see this error, please denote to them that we need a copy of this
message. Without this message, we cannot assist you in sending or receiving
this message. If these instructions are not followed, we will be unable to
adjust our anti-spam service for this message issue.
• If using web mail, simply save a copy as a draft in web mail.
• If you are using IMAP this is relatively simple.
• Save a copy as a draft in your email client, then copy the message to the
DRAFT folder on the IMAP.
• If using POP, copy the entire content of the message and paste
it in a compose message in web mail, then save it as a draft.
For either of these formats, please denote this:
• Email account having problem
• Subject of message
• Date composed/saved
As long as we can get all of the above, we can try to fix the problem.
Any individual message must be in one of these formats: .msg, .txt, .eml, .822
All messages must be in a ZIP file and password protected, (please see
1. Save all spam messages that you are seeing locally to your computer.
a. Please double check the message to ensure that the
message headers are there.
2. Create a ZIP folder, and password protect it.
3. Copy all the messages to the ZIP folder.
4. Email the zip file to email@example.com along with the password to have the messages
In Windows once the file is zipped.
- Right click on the compressed folder and select “Explore.”
- In “File,” select “Add a Password.” Enter the password and confirm the
To create password protected zip file in Mac, follow the steps below:
- Go to Finder -> Application -> Terminal
- now change directory to the plance you wan to zip and enter the command
- $ zip -e myzipfile.zip file1.txt file2.txt
- Once you enter the command, system will prompt you for password twice.
enter the password you wish to set, and it’s done!
- You should see myzipfile.zip appear in the directory.